Friday, February 20, 2009

Carson's Big Day

The day Carson arrived was not the happiest day for me. I carried Carson full term. I had had light contractions for 5 weeks. The doctor decided to induce me one day after my due date. I arrived at the hospital at 6:30 in the morning of April 16th. I was given an epidural and potosim. Finally around noon, they broke my water. Around 6 they told me it was time to push. My sister was video taping the special event and Scotty was at my side. He was only there for a short time because he got very sick and had to leave the room. (and he passed out 2 times after he left) So my sister was left alone. I pushed for 2 solid hours and Carson was coming very slowly. The doctor even brought in a mirror, so I could see the progress that I was making. (didn't help) Finally, I made up my mind that this baby was coming out. I kept quoting Philippians 4:13 to the nurses. At 8:00 Carson was born. I was so tired that I was barely aware of what was going on around me. But I remember that I kept asking "Why is he not crying?" I remember that he was a kind of gray color. The nurses were slapping him on the bottom of his feet but he still didn't cry. They laid Carson on my chest for a minute and then they took him away. Later the doctor came in to explain what was going on but I was so tired that I couldn't understand was he was saying. My friend Lee was there. She prayed for Carson. I had peace after that. After a while, they told me that Carson was not breathing correctly. He had a bubble between his lungs and his breastbone. He has to stay under a oxygen hood all night. The next morning the bubble had disappeared (Praise God!)

No comments:

Post a Comment